Monday, July 27, 2015

Last Will and Testament.....

Last week I found out the exact date my son wants to move to Chicago.  I am going with him.  He is renting a U-haul truck here in Orange County and dropping it off in Chicago, at which point, I will fly home. 
So last Monday I made flight arrangements.  I came into work Tuesday morning as usual when I could see my assistant looked upset.  She told me about a terrible dream she had the night before. It involved a Southwest airplane that caught fire in midair and then crashed to the ground killing everyone.  
The funny thing is I had not told anyone I was flying SouthWest. She is the kind of person that does not really keep track of 'details.'  So the fact that she had this "vision" is a little on the creepy side.  I am not one to fall for this kind of "apocalyptic clairvoyance", but just in case she is right and becomes the next "Jeane Dixon" here is what I plan to leave behind:
To

Mark Lester- I leave my humor and wit.
Bobby Lester- I leave my amazing hair and good looks.
Mary Lester-  I leave a heart full of love and kindness.

Kelly Wilmot Cook- I leave $2.39. Enough money to buy a carton             of eggs to throw at unsuspecting high school band members.
Lorraine Jacobs Cross - I leave $4.49. Enough money to buy a bag of ice cubes to throw at unsuspecting high school band members.
Lora Martin- I leave my personal "rape whistle" to use when you catch Kelly and Lorraine torturing high school band members.
Mark Miller- I leave my 1978 polaroid camera with six pictures left to be used when Kelly and Lorraine utilize their inheritance. 
Steve Pniewski- I leave my personal "Angels Sombrero" and "Mike Trout fish hat" To be worn at my funeral while you sing the theme from "Shaft!"
Elijah Weems - I leave my Calvary Sword and Whip (every eight year old needs a sword and whip!)
Chris Hruby- I leave my list of divorce lawyers to avoid!
Bill Tuli- I leave my favorite Shoe horn!
Rosa Jimenez- I leave my trophy from a Grade II win in horse racing. And an old sleeping bag (used only 48 times in the Wilderness.)
Sonja Leysen Key- I leave my David Cassidy lookalike photo taken  of me at Black's Beach.
John Lindsey- I leave my Rubik's cube (the one with two missing tiles.)
Debbie Fourmont- I leave you my album of horse pictures.  May they bring you a smile like they did me.
Gina Regan - I leave my 10% off coupon for "Ms. Lora Martin's Finishing School for Wayward Girls."
Sarah Rowling- I leave you three jars of my candied pecans.  I owe you a lot more, but Kelly kept stealing my jars.
Greg Reynolds- I leave you my Harmonica just in case you decide to give up on the drums. And one of my mankinis (color is your choice.)
Mark Telles- I leave you my most recent month of "BodyBuilder" magazine--the "Venice Beach" Edition.
Chip Carin- I leave my Banjo.  This has brought me serenity and peace in between dental patients. Oh, and a Mankini (your choice of color, you may need to arm wrestle Greg for the green one.)
Ed Baugh- I leave my brass knuckles which can be used the next time you come to visit California. (oh, and of course a Mankini. Your choice of color, although a scrum may occur at the time of distribution!)
Sunny Rolfs - I leave you my car.  It probably needs a major detail. (The smell inside may remind you of something unearthly, pay it no mind.) Oh, and gas.  I didn't fill up before I left because, well you know.
Maria Otramba- I am leaving you my high school yearbook. I hope this time you sign it.
Don McKenna- I am leaving you all the contents of the bottom drawer of my nightstand.  I think we both know what you need to do.
Robert Fleischman- I leave my "good" pair of Nun-Chucks to be used on your next visit to National City.
Emelia Harril- I leave you one of my Mankini's.  You will look the best in it and you will probably win the scrum battle.
To the rest of my friends I am going to have my brothers set up a "Money Wind Booth." You will each have a turn at a thousand dollars.  The catch will be that the booth will contain two thousand Kennedy Half dollars.  From wherever I may end up in the afterlife, this should be fun to watch.

To Julie I leave more gratefulness than I could ever express with words. You have made my life more joyful and full of laughter than I ever thought possible. All of my love and the last $64 in my checking account that my lawyer and ex-wife are fighting over.


See you all on the other side....














No comments:

Post a Comment