Sunday, July 19, 2015

Trying to enjoy the journey.....can I?

In a couple of weeks, I am going on a cross-country automobile trip to Chicago.  My son Bobby is moving there and I offered to go with him so he wouldn't hazard this trip alone.  I am goal-oriented! 
No, I'm not trying to impress anyone with this on my resume...I am practically OCD! I have already made out a driving schedule for each day going through the SouthWest heading to the MidWest.  
What I haven't done is figured out how I am going to enjoy seeing everything that is new to me!  How will I slow down to enjoy the "Wow" factor of America?  And how about spending five exclusive straight days with my son (who I will probably not see for a couple of years) in the confines of a van? I'm just not thinking about any of that, only the goal of arriving in Chicago on time.
   I have always been this way.  I have a hard time enjoying the moment, usually living in the future.  What needs to be done next? That's my idiom.  I wish there was a middle ground for me.  
There can be, I just need to find it on my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment