Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Misunderstood.........do you understand?

Look ahead in the road!  Do I mean look far away or is there an actual cranium in the road?
   I think that I explain myself probably too much when I talk simply because I don't want to be misunderstood.  Why does that bother me to be misunderstood?  I wish I knew.  Perhaps this goes back to my elementary school days at St. Caterines Military School.  Punishment was swift and aggressive back then.  Served with paddle, belt or a swagger stick!
   I have always wanted to be a teacher.  I feel that I am very patient and I like to give long drawn out explanations.  Some people may find these explanations take too much of their time. I don't want to be wrong or perceived incorrect.

In 1963 my father started his dental practice in Orange.  My mother and him had met other dentists in the area and asked for referrals of any patients when they were too busy.  They had made a full schedule of appointments for that first day.  By lunchtime no one had come through their door.  They were waiting for that little bell to announce someone had come inside.  They were discouraged and wondered what they had done wrong. Just then the phone rang and it was one of the patients that had been scheduled.  She told my mom, "I thought you were closed since your door is locked."  Misunderstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment